One of the significant portions of vacation planning and budget dedication is for food. Vacation or not, you will need three meals a day, and that is something you need to plan out. There will be times when you can eat on the go or hit up the hotel breakfast, but there are other times when you want to enjoy a special meal. Here are four qualities to look for when you want to have a memorable meal in Mexico City.
1. Outdoor Seating- Mexico City is a place of beautiful sights and a personality all its’ own. Sitting outside for a meal is a way to slow down and enjoy the city’s surroundings while enjoying a great meal. Outdoor seating allows you to take it all in and enjoy it in a beautiful place.
2. San Angel Inn is a restaurant in a converted monastery with a beautiful outdoor courtyard complete with a fountain and lavish greenery.
3. Azul Historico is another restaurant with a great outdoor seating option on their rooftop terrace located in the downtown district’s heart.
4. Ambiance- The ambiance of a restaurant emits an aura and evokes a mood or patrons’ feeling. These dining experiences will result in a certain sense during the meal. It can be an upscale restaurant, and the diners will feel as if they are on celebrity status. Trendy places can evoke intimacy and knowledge about a place that all others may not have discovered.
5.Central-Central is a trendy restaurant that has established a rustic ambiance for patrons. They have created this ambiance with wood furniture and old sculptures, so their patrons can enjoy upscale fare, next to a cozy fire, with a great glass of wine.
6.Cultural Cuisine- Part of the international experience is experiencing the cuisine they have to offer, unlike anywhere else in the world. Food is an integral part of any culture, especially in Latin America. Cultural cuisine represents its history and how the culture is evolving in modern times.
7. Raiz: Cocina de Estaciones offers a seasonal menu highlighted by local beers and mezcals. It is a restaurant that serves the cultural meals of Mexico as determined by the given season offerings. It is a great way to taste the produce and other food offerings that are native to Mexico whenever you are there.
8. Variety- Cultural cuisine is excellent, but there are times that a traveler will need a little variety. It is fun to see how presentations of foods vary from country to country. It is also a way not to fall into the same types of meals every night while traveling.
9.Tori Tori is a Japanese restaurant tucked away in Mexico City. They have a full Japanese fare menu, including sushi and Sake, with a backdrop of Mexico City. It is an exciting way to experience the type of food you are familiar with in a whole new way.
Meals on vacation are an experience. It will all depend on what the traveler is looking for in their meal on a particular day. It is an excellent idea to do some research and have a picture of the different types of restaurants to know where you want to go. It can make a vacation great when you plan out individual meals to be special ones. If you’d like to experience culture and food in Mexico City, we can help. Please go to our scheduler page to set-up a call or click here to request a callback!