Tokyo is one of the most fascinating places on this planet. The high energy of the city and its attractions are enough to add Tokyo to your bucket list. So when you finally take action to visit Japan's capital, make sure you have an itinerary to see as many of the city's most significant locations and landmarks as possible. To make planning your trip simpler, below, you will find 15 of Tokyo's top attractions.
Check Out Themed Cafes- Japan is known for its exciting niche cafes. Dine with monkeys or get served by your favorite cartoon characters. If you can fathom it, there's likely a cafe for it.
Relax in a Shrine- Not only can you relax in a shrine, but you can spend the night in one too.
Attend a Sumo Match- Sumo is an admired sport in Japan. If you can, make a match or watch the Sumo wrestlers practice in the mornings.
4. Partake in a Tea Ceremony- Tea ceremonies, especially Matcha tea ceremonies, are insanely popular.
5. Go to an Anime Convention- Manga and anime are huge in Japan. On the island of Odaiba from August to December, you can attend the country's largest convention, Comiket.
6. Shop in Asakusa- The Asakusa District is the best place to find a traditional kimono and enjoy a little shopping.
7. Sleep at a Ryokan- Staying at one of these inns is one of the most magnificent and intimate ways to experience Japanese hospitality.
8. Experience a Festival- Matsuris (festivals) are extremely exciting and a fantastic way to indulge in the Japanese culture. Enjoy street food, geishas, parades, dancing, music, and lots of bright colors.
9. Soak in Natural Spring Water- An onsen is a natural hot spring that many come to soak and relax in.
10. Visit Izakaya Alleys- Izakaya Alleys are Japanese gastropubs where the locals have drinks and snacks in the afternoon.
11. Check Out an Art Museum- There are dozens of art museums in Tokyo. Try to visit a few, including the Mori Art Museum.
12. Experience Hanami- It is a tradition to picnic under the cherry blossoms after blooming in the spring.
13. Wander through the Sensoji Temple- Nestled in the Asakusa District, the Sensoji Temple is undoubtedly an ancient sight to behold.
14. Enjoy City Views from the Tokyo Tower- Go to the Tokyo Tower's main observation deck for the city's breathtaking sight.
15. Join a MarioKart Race- Go-karting is popular in Tokyo and mainly includes dressing up as your favorite Mario character.
There's no end to the diversity of adventures to experience in Tokyo. Sign up to go virtual first at our Take A Virtual Vacation here. When you're ready to see it for yourself, send an email, and together we will plan out your exciting trip to Japan, including all the Tokyo attractions and places that interest you the most.