Greece is one of those destinations you could visit a dozen times or more and never get bored. Greece, compared to some countries, is relatively small. However, it is big on history, culture, natural beauty, and unique experiences that you cannot find anywhere else in the world.
Since it would take a lifetime to explore all that Greece has to offer, here’s my list of top experiences to have to help you make the most of your Greecian vacation.
1. Tour the Acropolis – As the most famous historic site in Greece, visiting the Acropolis is a must-see attraction. You can take a tour of the Pantheon while enjoying the panoramic views of Athens.
2. Visit the Temple of Zeus – Located in Ancient Olympia, the temple is home to one of the seven wonders of the ancient world. For sports fans, Olympia is also the birthplace of the Olympic Games.
3. Take a boat ride through Melissani Lake – Melissani Lake is an underground lake located in a cave on the island of Kefalonia. Visitors can enjoy a guided boat tour and learn about this natural wonder.
4. Visit Meteora – Built in the mountain top, monasteries of Meteora atop pillar-like natural rock formations and UNESCO World Heritage Site.
5. Go island-hopping – Santorini, Crete, and Corfu are just a few of the hundreds of islands you can explore in Greece. Spend a few nights on one island and make day trips to the nearby islands.
6. Dance the night away in Mykonos – Mykonos is known for its vibrant nightlife and lively beach clubs. It’s the perfect destination for anyone who’s looking for a party.
7. Watch the sunset in Oia – Oia is a village on the island of Santorini that is famous for its golden hour. While the sunsets are spectacular all over Greece, Oia is especially magical.
8. Drink Ouzo – Ouzo is a dry anise-flavored aperitif wildly popular throughout Greece and is typically an after-dinner drink.
9. Enjoy some Baklava – Baklava is a quintessential Greek dessert. This sticky and sweet pastry is an absolute must-try before you leave.
10. Spend Easter in Greece – Easter in Greece is not just a holiday. It’s a festival. It is the most significant time of the year in Greece and is a beautiful religious ceremony with exciting traditions that you can take part in.
From ancient ruins to epic sunsets, I’d love to help you plan your trip to Greece. Click here to get started today.